Release Update Patch 8
- Release Update (Current Content)
- Early Access Content Update 8
- Early Access Content Update 7
- Early Access Content Update 6
|Release Update Patch 8|
|14 July 2016|
|Previous Version||Next Version|
|Release Update Patch 7 Quick fix||Release Update Patch 8 Quick fix|
|Release Update Patch 8 on Steam|
We are releasing today the 8th patch (v18.104.22.168) for Mordheim: City of the Damned.
We would like to thank the Mordheim community who helped us tremendously in fixing some of the hardware issues encountered with the last patch. Also a big thank you to everyone for their patience.
This version of the game has been built for DirectX 11 and DirectX 9, while previous versions were built only for DirectX 9. This should prevent crashes with certain video card drivers. These kind of issues are always difficult to track down and fix since they can be caused by various components on which we have limited visibility and control, like the engine or video card drivers. Rest assured that we'll always do our best to resolve these as quickly as possible.
This patch's size is a bit larger than 3GB unfortunately. This is caused by the switch to DirectX 11.
We hope you will enjoy these improvements, and look forward to seeing you fight in the dark streets of Mordheim: City of the Damned.
New Content[edit | edit source]
- Sigmarite Great Hammer: a new weapon for the Warrior-Priest, Maiden of Sigmar, Sigmarite Matriarch and Sigmar’s Purifier which reduces chances to trigger a Divine Curse by 6/9/12% and bypass enemy Armor Absorption by 9/12/15%
- Warrior-Priest initial Weapon is now a Sigmarite Great Hammer
- Weapon is Slow
- Deals 32-36 damage for the Normal version
- Added a popup to notify the new players about the necessity of going through the tutorials before starting a Warband.
- Tweaked timing of GUI appearance after certain actions to prevent FPS drops.
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Sending Wyrdstones to your main faction will now always provide Reputation, even if it’s a required shipment
- Executioner now has his item slots blocked except the same 1 (to use for books)
- Flagellants will now be able to wield Maces
- Fixed an issue where a Trap would wrongly give the “Stealth Climb” buff
- Veteran Ranks 11, 12, 13 and 14 will now give 2 Veteran Skill Points each. Warbands who already achieved those ranks should receive the Veteran Skill Points retroactively
- The Regeneration of the enemies in the Cult of the Possessed Story Mission 2-1 and the Sisters of Sigmar mission 2-4 has been reduced to 50 wounds (was 75)
- Ulrican Axe: will now properly be easier to Dodge for victims
- Extra Arm mutations: they now all bypass Dodge by 15% (was 10%) and don’t bypass Parry anymore (was 10%) since armbands completely negates Parry already
Skill Changes[edit | edit source]
- Burn the Witch: the combat cost of the skill has been changed to 2OP and 1 SP (from 3 OP to use)
- Riposte Stance: a successful parry while using this stance will now also reduce the cost of Counter-Attacks by 1 OP
- Fanatical Zeal: the using cost has been reduced to 2SP (was 3)
- Boons of Chaos: the effect of this spell are now Stackable
- Infused Globe: the animation when healed will now show the buff animation properly
Spell Changes[edit | edit source]
- Healing Hand: the range of the Mastery version has been reduced to 3 meters (same as the Normal version)
- Word of Damnation: the duration has been increased to 2 turns, but the All Alone/Fear and Terror penalty have been reduced to -15% for the normal version (was -25%) and to -30% for the mastery version (was -50%)
- Warp Accretion: increased the duration of the initial buff to 2 turns
- Blessing of Ulric: the critical damage bonus has been reduced to 10% (was 15%) for the regular version and to 20% (was 30%) for the mastery version but the duration has been increased to 2 turns
Veteran Skills[edit | edit source]
- Contact Librarian: the chances to get items for the mastery version has been reduced to 15% (was 20%)
GUI Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Reduced Mission Objective's font size and paragraph width
- Adjusted Item Tooltips to fix the hidden information issues with long descriptions
- Adjusted layout in Hideout screens to avoid issues like hidden characters and overlapping buttons
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed issue that blocked at 98% the loading of a mission save
- Fixed the visual issue on the Witch Hunters flails
- Fixed some visual issues with bodyparts
- Fixed issue allowing the Executioner to loot when multiple interaction are available
- Fixed issue with the overview which were not displaying current warrior and warband wagon properly
- Fixed some issues with translation in various languages
- Fixed the issue with the totem in mission 3 of the Witch Hunters, preventing players from completing the mission
- Fixed an issue with the AI stuck in the search position
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Continue button top show up in the main menu
- Fixed an issue in the options menu that was crashing the game on close
- The Executioner attack animations have been given more dynamism and rhythm
- Improved highlights visibility
- Improved invitation flow.
Known issues[edit | edit source]
- Pyre of Righteous: If you reload a save game after a Pyre of Righteous has disappeared, it will still be there. This will not be the case if the Pyre is destroyed.
- GUI appearance: The timing of GUI appearance, after certain actions, might be longer on the procedural maps
Special Notes[edit | edit source]
- If your video card does not support DirectX11, or if you encounter any other problems, you can try launching the build in DirectX9 by setting the following launch options: -force-d3d9
(Right-click > Properties > General tab > Set Launch Options > enter -force-d3d9 > Ok)
We hope you enjoy this patch. Feel free to check the forums regularly to get information on what's coming next to Mordheim: City of the Damned